DANGEROUS TRUCK DRIVERS AND UNSAFE TRUCKS
The catastrophic injuries and loss of life caused by truck accidents every year is staggering:
$99,000,000 (cost of all truck crashes is $99bil. every year).
2,000,000 trucks are cited every year for violations.
371,000 crashes involve trucks annually.
171,000 dangerous truck drivers are taken off the road every year.
3,921 killed (equivalent to a commuter jet crashing every week)
20% of trucks failed inspection (2013).
18% increase in truck crashes between 2009 and 2012.
The unfortunate trend in catastrophic truck accidents continues to rise despite available technology that has proven to save lives. Forward collision warning systems have been available in the trucking industry for years, but many motor carriers view this life saving safety devices as an unnecessary cost. Side underride guards have been required in Europe since 1989, but the trucking industry has successfully lobbied against life protecting side guards in the United States.
Independent interstate motor carriers are generally paid by the mile. The more they drive… the more they earn. So it’s not hard to imagine truck drivers who push their physical limits to the point of fatigue. Although Federal law regulates how many hours a truck driver can drive, some drivers choose profits over safety and risk the lives of our motoring public so they can make more money. Fatigue is involved in 20%-50% of all large truck accidents (see below).
CAUSE OF TRUCK CRASHES
The most common causes of truck accidents are related to driver error and mechanical issues including the following:
– Driver Error (truck and passenger driver distraction, texting, speeding and unsafe driving practices).
– Driver Fatigue (20%-50% of all large truck accidents involve fatigue).
– Equipment Failure
– Poor or Improper Maintenance (primarily brakes and tires).
HOW TO FIND A QUALIFIED TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
There are many personal injury lawyers who claim to be truck accident attorneys… so how do you find an interstate truck accident attorney? The best place to start is the American Association for Justice’s Interstate Trucking Litigation Group. If your prospective attorney is not a member of this organization, they may not be dedicated to helping truck accident victims.*
- Distinguished Justice Advocates, TOP 1% ATTORNEYS IN AMERICA – Charter Member
- Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, THE TOP TRIAL LAWYERS IN AMERICA® – Lifetime Member
- American Association for Justice, Interstate Trucking Litigation Group – Member
- Ethical Lawyers of America, AMERICA’S MOST TRUSTED ATTORNEYS® – Founder
LOCAL AND NATIONAL REPRESENTATION
The Truck Lawyers provide local and national representation to truck accident victims and their families. We can help you in all types of commercial vehicles including:
– Tractor trailer
– Big rig
– Delivery truck
– Garbage truck
– Logging truck
– Cement truck
– Tanker truck
– Flat bed truck
– Gravel truck
– Dump truck
– Water truck
– Vehicles covered by business and/or commercial insurance.
WE CARE ABOUT YOU
We care about you. We believe in you and we are here for you. I have dedicated my career to helping victims and I would be privileged to help you and your family. Please call us today toll free at (800) 900-7452 for a free no obligation consultation.
THE TRUCK LAWYERS
* This does not constitute a representation, guarantee, promise, warranty or prediction as to the outcome or value of your claim. Value is determined on a case-by-case basis and is based upon multiple subjective factors including but not limited to the nature and extent of your injuries. No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements.